Click through to download entry forms and reserve your place now!
Northamptonshire boosts a statistic of 1 in 7 jobs in the county being in the logistics sector; growing at a faster rate than any other!
FLT Operators play a crucial role in keeping operations efficient and safe and although operations can be fast paced and demand high levels of concentration but without their skills, accuracy and professionalism the industry would suffer significantly. Now we have an amazing opportunity to showcase them and your team as the best in the county through our inaugural Forklift Truck Operator competition to be held on Friday 6th September this year.
Entry is FOC. There can only be one entry per business so entry applications will be by organisation, allowing time for internal competitions or elimination process to be complete.
At this point, companies are only required to reserve their space in the competition. Companies must confirm their entrant’s name by Friday 16thAugust 2019. Drivers can enter themselves, with a referee, or be entered by their trainer and/or manager. Applications for entry will be possible through the Northants Logistics Forum website at: www.northantslogisticsforum.com. Spaces are limited at this event, so please be sure to reserve your space as soon as possible!
Entrants must be a qualified counterbalance lift truck operator who has received training within the past three years and must work for a Northamptonshire based business. The challenges will all involve operating an electric counterbalance truck 1.6 Tonne, category B1.
Each competitor will face a number of challenges where they will go head to head in demonstrating a high level of skill and safety all underpinned by depth of knowledge and practical forklift truck operation. The theme for this event is a sporting one with three separate challenges of Rugby, Basketball and a Penalty Shootout.
Key Sponsors supporting the event are:
- United Pallet Network(UPN) – contributing the first prize of a £1,200 holiday voucher.
- Wilson Browne Solicitors- who are sponsoring £400 in high street shopping vouchers
- Linde Material Handling(Wellingborough) – providing premises, judges and refreshments on the day.
- PALLITE– providing recyclable pallets and ‘props’.
- Weetabixare also very kindly providing breakfast for all of our competitors on the day!
- We are also very pleased to welcome Howdensas a sponsor as well!
- We still have a number of exciting sponsorship opportunities for this event, please contact usfor more information!
Enter this years Forklift Driver of the Year competition at the link below. Remember - at this point, we just require companies to reserve their space in the competition. Individual entrants details are not required to reserve a space!