To celebrate and recognise the people and businesses working in the county’s thriving logistics sector the Northamptonshire Logistics Awards are returning for a third consecutive year.
Organised by the Northamptonshire Logistics Forum - a forum facilitated by University of Northampton and the Northamptonshire Growth Hub and made up of representatives from logistics companies county-wide – the 2018 awards will take place on Friday, 20th April at the Northamptonshire County Cricket Ground.
The event, again set to be supported by headline sponsor MHA MacIntyre Hudson, will see a record 12 awards up for grabs, with categories carefully designed to reward and recognise the county’s leading inspirers, apprentices and drivers as well as businesses.
DONT DELAY - THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS FRIDAY MARCH 9TH!
Among the 2018 categories are the CILT Sponsored Student of the Year and awards for the Growth, SME, Young Person, Apprentice and Company of the Year.
Tony Bellott, Chair of the Northamptonshire Logistics Forum, said: “One in seven people are employed in the logistics sector in Northamptonshire, with our county unique placed in a central and strategic location at the hub of national infrastructure connections, communications and networks.
“We are often referred to by industry as the 'Golden Triangle' for distribution and logistics, with five international airports within one hour's drive.”
Tony added: “Whether you plan to enter an award, sponsor a category, take a table or do all three we look forward to seeing you there – one of the most important events in the county’s logistics calendar.”
The awards categories for 2018.
- Innovation - Sponsored by Kuehne & Nagel
- Inspirer in Schools and the Community - Sponsored by Goodwill Solutions CIC
- SME Company of the Year - Sponsored by Wilson Browne
- Apprentice of the Year - Sponsored by LIST
- Young Person of the Year - Sponsored by PALLITE
- Sponsored Student of the Year - Sponsored by CILT
- Growth Company of the Year - Sponsored by Kingsley Consulting
- Team of the Year - Sponsored by John Lewis
- HGV Driver of the Year - Sponsored by LinkLine Transport
- Achiever of the Year – Sponsored by Brackmills Industrial Estate Business Improvement District (BID)
- Logistics Temp Staff Agency of the Year
- Chairman’s Special Award – Sponsored by Fortec Distribution Network
Want to know more?
If you would like to find out more about sponsoring a category at the awards please contact Charlotte Patrick by emailing Charlotte.Patrick@northampton.ac.uk.